The ADDPC Grants Policy and Procurement Management Policies and Procedures outlines the rules and regulations that the ADDPC follows. The FAQ's for prospective applicants will answer basic questions.
For questions or clarifications, please contact Marcella Crane, Contracts Manager, at (602) 542-8976.
- When does the Council make funding available and who is eligible to apply?
Answer: Competitive RFGA’s are available between April-July each year. The following groups are eligibility to apply for funding: Non-Profits 501 (c) 3, For-Profits, state agencies, state universities, Arizona recognized tribes, and a combination of the aforementioned groups.
- What is the average award for projects?
Answer: Award amounts vary, depending on the scope of the project and the funding amount that is available.
- What is the length of time of awards and are contracts renewed?
Answer: Contracts may be awarded for up to one year. Contracts may be renewed based on outcome performance measures.
- How will I be notified of an upcoming funding availability?
Answer: Notifications of funding availability are sent to those on the ADDPC List Serve.
- When will I be notified if I’ve received an award?
Answer: Once the ADDPC approves a project for funding, official notification is sent via letter to the Contractor. Projects shall not begin until official notification is received.
- I’m applying for a competitive grant. Can I contact Council members and/or staff on how to write my proposal for funding?
Answer: No. Prospective applicants applying for a competitive grant through the Council shall only contact the ADDPC’s Contracts Manager for clarification on the RFGA scope of work, instructions and/or terms and conditions. No other advice will be provided to help in the writing of the proposal. Prospective applicants are also advised not to contact Council members and/or other ADDPC staff for any assistance.
- If I have a contract, how do I get paid?
Answer: Contracts awarded by the ADDPC are on a reimbursement basis. Contractors will be given the proper reimbursement forms to use for reimbursement request and the Contractor shall be reimbursed no more than monthly and no less than quarterly. The Contractor is required to keep all detailed back-up receipts of expenditures and may be required to submit back-up documentation if requested.
- If I have a contract, do I have programmatic reports to fill out?
Answer: Each contractor will be required to submit narrative reports on their projects’ implementation plan. Narrative reports provide detail to the ADDPC on how successful the program is doing and if any technical assistance is necessary to ensure program success. The ADDPC's Contracts Manager will provide a template for use and a schedule to follow.
- How long do I have to keep contract records after the end of ADDPC funding?
Answer: Per federal law, Contractors receiving federally funded dollars are required to keep all records (financial and programmatic) for a period of five (5) years from the date the contract ended.
- Can I submit a proposal or idea for the Council to fund outside of the competitive RFGA process?
Answer: The Council does not fund unsolicited proposals that may or may not support the Council’s Five Year State Plan.