The Council For Jews With Special Needs is a non-profit organization founded in 1985 with the goal of providing programs, supports and resources to help all Jews with disabilities and their families fulfill their spiritual, cultural and religious needs.
The agency provides assistance to Jewish individuals who have special needs and their families as well as local Jewish schools, camps, synagogues and other Jewish community organizations.
Programs and Services Include:
- Support for inclusion in religious schools and Jewish camps
- Family support groups and activities
- Social groups for teens and adults with significant disabilities
- Simchat Shabbat services
- Information and referral services
- Education forums
- Speakers bureau and community education
- Sign language interpreters
- Adult residential services
Interest Free Loans for Special Needs Expenses and Disability Assistance Flyer
Jewish Play-Based Children's Yaladeem Social Group Flyer