Join Arizona TASH for an exciting, packed day of information and learning around creating inclusive communities for people with diverse abilities. This is a great conference for school personnel, family members, community member, self-advocates, and youth. Here is a preview of some of the topics we will be covering:
- Behavior Management: What Schools/Parents/Teachers Need to Know to Address Behavioral Needs in Inclusive Settings Under the IDEA
- Parts of an IEP
- Bullying in Schools: Legal Issues & Practical Strategies
- Ask an Attorney: Q & A Panel of Attorneys on Special Education Issues
INclusive Schooling and Curriculum Accommodations
- Developing an Inclusive School
- Social Accommodations
- Assistive Technology
- Early Childhood reforms to make preschool more inclusive statewide
- Arizona's Alternate Assessment
- Math Accommodations Across All Grade Levels
A full day interactive, inclusive training for middle school and high school youth to grow as leaders and advocates of self and others.
TASH YOUth Day is a day of doing activities, being creative, and learning. There will be activity stations, snacks, and opportunities that will make this a day to remember and give YOU the “in” on inclusion.
Students have an opportunity to interact and learn from other teens around the state in a safe and positive environment.
They will acquire knowledge that they can take into their communities.
Students will form relationships with each other to better understand acceptance of all abilities and differences.
Students will also learn about TASH and the TASH mission and how they can contribute to future generations.
Lunch will be provided. Please email [email protected] if you have any dietary restrictions.
Questions? Email Sherry Mulholland at [email protected] or give her a call at (520) 603-4010. You can also contact Andrea O'Brien at [email protected] or by phone at (602) 717-8106.