Come on out to the first-ever Navajo County Resource Fair for Children with Special Health Care Needs in Snowflake, AZ on Saturday, July 28, 2018.
Sponsored by First Things First, the Office for Children with Special Healthcare Needs, Arizona Developmental Disabilities Planning Council, Change Point Integrated Health and Around the Mountain Pediatric Dentistry, the Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Coalition, in partnership with the Navajo County Public Health District, is presenting its first CSHCN Resource Fair on July 28, 2018.
This event will provide information, education, training, resource identification and tools to all attendees. The conference is open to parents, caregivers, agencies, providers, first responders and teachers.
Presentations and workshops include:
- Keynote - Dr. Susan Wolf - A Bump or a Bleed....And Where it can Lead: Understanding Brain Injury in Early Childhood
- Food and the Gut Brain Connection - When is it Autism and When is it Sensory Processing - Becoming a Better Adocate for Your Child - Mental Health First Aid - Little Things Can Make A Big Difference in Your Child's Health Picture - Removing the Mystery of Special Education
- Afternoon panel includes: Arizona Center for Disability Law, Raising Special Kids, Northland Therapy Services, Special Education
- Afternoon Panel: Therapy, Psych, Referrals
Questions? Contact Allison Hephner at [email protected] or call (928) 532-6050.
The list of agencies and organizations who will be in attendance is already quite impressive and is expected to grow substantially. Like admission, vendor opportunities are free and open to all organizations, agencies and individuals who work with children with special healthcare needs.
Parents will be able to speak with representatives from:
- Office For Children with Special Health Care Needs
- First Things First
- Raising Special Kids
- Arizona At Work
- Summit Therapy Services
- ChangePoint Integrated Health
- Summit Integrated Behavioral Health
- National Alliance on Mental Illness - White Mountains
- Northland Therapy
- Lexington Academy
- Hanger Clinic
- Around the Mountain Dentistry
- Community Leadership Academy
- Assist to Independence
- Arizona Department of Economic Security Rehabilitation Services Administration
- NAU Institute for Human Development
- Arizona Technology Access Program (AzTAP)
- The Medical & Pain Relief Centers at SCNM
- Arizona Division of Developmental Disabilities
- Meadows Catalina
- Hummingbird Early Intervention Services
- Arizona Early Intervention Program (AzEIP)
- Summit Pediatrics
- Little Champions
- Arizona State Parks and Trails
- Arizona Developmental Disabilities Planning Council
- Derby Down the Deuce Special Needs Division
- Women Infants and Children (WIC)
- Arizona Center for Disability Law
- Autism Foundation