Call for Nominations: One Community Working Together Awards
Nominations open until July 17 to honor self-advocates, families, professionals, policymakers
Mark your calendars for October 4 - we will be holding a community dialogue and celebration to commemorate 10 years of the Arizona Developmental Disabilities Planning Council! One way we're celebrating is with an award ceremony, so make sure to nominate a deserving person before July 17, 2019.
Click on the following link to nominate someone for any of the four available categories: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OB1sAGFOgkKB93IwrGzRuMBSiibMuutNVDw7DtyZW6k/viewform?edit_requested=true
Who is an ideal award nominee? Anyone who has significantly and positively contributed to the lives of Arizonans with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We will present an award to one individual in each of the following categories:
• Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD)
• Family members of individuals with I/DD
• Professionals who serve individuals with I/DD
• Policymakers whose policies/legislation positively helped people with I/DD
The award criteria include:
• THEIR WORK REFLECTS OUR VALUES: The nominee has helped promote self-determination, independence, and dignity for individuals with DD in all aspects of community life.
• BUILDING ONE COMMUNITY: The nominee works with others to achieve full inclusion and participation of people with I/DD.
• IMPACT: The nominee provides information and support needed to make informed decisions about options available to people with developmental disabilities, their families, and persons who support them.
• THEIR WORK IS SUSTAINABLE: The nominee has changed systems and/or helped build capacity so that people with I/DD are more included and involved in their communities over time.
Winners of the One Community Working Together Awards will be announced at our event on October 4, 2019 at the Ability360 Conference Center from 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Award recipients are required to attend. Submissions are due by July 17, 2019. Questions? Email [email protected] or (602) 542-8973.