NOW OPEN: Request for Information Period - Fall 2018
One month to submit your ideas to the Council
As a grantmaking organization, we aim to fill gaps experienced by Arizonans with developmental disabilities. You are a partner in helping us raise the voice of people with disabilities. We need your help to do that.
You’re invited to be part of this important conversation so we can advance innovative solutions.
We’re opening up a one-month window to hear your fresh ideas that align with the Council’s mission and vision. You can do that by filling out our Request for Information application.
We need you to share the needs and gaps you have observed in your communities. We also want new or innovative projects or ideas for what kind of support the Council should provide to address these gaps. You are also welcome to share what your community is currently doing to support people with developmental disabilities. The Council may use any of this information to guide our strategic plan and develop future grant solicitations to support innovative ideas or projects either within this current grant year or in future years.
Pick a Category and Submit an Idea: The Council is looking for ideas that fall under at least one of the following categories –
- Self-advocacy/Self-determination – We want ideas on how to establish, strengthen, and expand self-advocacy activities among people with developmental disabilities so they will become empowered to be self-determined.
- Employment – We want to hear about ways to increase awareness of the employment potential of people with developmental disabilities, link them to resources needed to achieve their employment potential, and foster job creation, hiring, retention, promotion, and self-employment.
- Inclusion – We want to hear your ideas on how to motivate communities to include people of all ages who have developmental disabilities in all aspects of community life.
- Any project idea or best practice that supports our mission and vision.
Are you qualified? If you conduct business in Arizona, your organization is qualified to submit a Request for Information application. An organization may submit multiple Request for Information applications.
Format for Submission: Submit your application using our online Google Form or by using this Microsoft Word document and emailing it to Erica McFadden at [email protected]
Deadline: The deadline for all submissions is October 18, 2018, 4:30 PM Phoenix local time.
Things to Note:
- We welcome your ideas and we consider each submission. However, the ADDPC doesn’t guarantee any financial agreement with an organization who submits ideas as part of the RFI process.
- If you have any questions, please email Erica McFadden at [email protected]
*Note: A developmental disability is a severe, chronic disability that occurs before an individual is 22 that is likely to continue indefinitely and results in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following areas: self-care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self-direction, capacity for independent living, and economic self-sufficiency. Diagnosed conditions may include autism, Down syndrome, intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, epilepsy, mental health issues, and others.
Click here to download the Request for Information application in Microsoft Word
Need additional accommodations? Call us at (602) 542-8973